- the kind of information KWARE may collect about you, how we collect it, and how we use it
- how KWARE may disclose that information
- how you can access the information KWARE holds about you
- when KWARE may use your information to contact you
- the protection of your personal information
“Personal information” means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identifiable individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
KWARE will review this policy regularly, and may update it from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you of this change by posting those changes on our website (www.kware.com.au).
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1 Why we collect personal information
KWARE collects personal information about you:
- because you have provided it to us, for instance if you contact us to ask us questions about our products, obtain a quote or provide feedback;
- because we need it to provide a product or service that you have requested, for instance, if you subscribe to an email list or loyalty program, enter a competition, or purchase products from KWARE;
- because you work for us, or apply to us for a job, or work experience;
- for purposes directly related to any of the above.
2.2 How we use your personal information
KWARE will primarily use your information to:
1. Contact you to discuss products and services;
2. Provide products to you which have been requested
3. Provide you with information about or support for KWARE products or services;
4. Advise you of any new matters concerning your product or service from KWARE;
5. Respond to your email in the event that you send us an email message.
KWARE may also use your information to update you about new products or services we offer. You will be able to opt-out of direct marketing at any time if you so choose.
2.3 How we collect information
Broadly, there are two types of information or data we collect: Information that you specifically give us
For example, you may provide information about yourself by filling in a form or when you request information about a product or service. This type of information may include your name, job title, company information and address. The information that you give us may be:
- Personal information that is required. In some instances, you must provide personal information if you wish to use a particular service or purchase a particular product. For example, we need to know your address in order to deliver products to you.
- Personal information that is optional. You may choose to provide some personal information which is not required but is directly related to KWARE’s functions or activities. Usually this type of information will enable KWARE to improve or broaden the products and services we can offer you. If you choose not to provide this optional information, we may still be able to offer you the service, but perhaps with fewer options than if you had provided the optional information. If you provide us with unsolicited information that we do not require or which is not directly related to our functions or activities, we may be required to destroy or de-identify that information, provided it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
- Permissions. Sometimes you will be asked to confirm that you agree to a particular activity. For example, you may need to expressly agree that you would like to receive a newsletter or to confirm that you agree to the terms and conditions of a competition.
You may be able to make changes to the information you provided us (for example, if you change your email address) or withdraw the permission you gave us for a particular service in certain circumstances. We will make it clear how you do that at the time you provide the information or upon request.
Data we collect that tracks your activity
KWARE automatically gathers information to monitor the use of our website, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our website.
This information helps us improve our services and help us identify if there are any problems with our services that need fixing. Most of the data we collect is aggregated, and this information is effectively anonymous to us.
In some cases we may collect data that can be linked to you individually. For example, when you visit our website, we may store records of information such as the orders you make, the pages you viewed or links you click on. Similarly, if you use our email newsletters we may collect data about the mailings you open and the links you click on from that newsletter.
Though surveys usually collect aggregate data, we will make it clear to you if any survey information is being collected in a way that could personally identify you.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1 Disclosure of personal information to third parties
KWARE may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- to provide the service you wish to use;
- for research purposes relating to the performance, quality, maintenance and improvement of KWARE’s services and products;
- to customise and promote KWARE products and services which may be of interest to you;
- to provide technical support to you to use KWARE’s website;
- if permitted or required by law; or
- otherwise with your consent.
KWARE is assisted by a variety of third parties to deliver the services offered by us. These third parties are too numerous to list, and they change from time to time. Some examples of the types of third parties include:
- technology service providers including:
- Internet service providers such as Intelligent IP (iipc.com.au).
- App service providers such as Apple.
- cloud service providers such as Intelligent IP (iipc.com.au).
- KWARE logistic support such as TNT (TNT.com), Australia Post
- Promotion or marketing service providers such as mail Chimp (mailChimp.com)
KWARE banking and finance suppliers, such as ANZ.
KWARE imposes contractual restrictions equivalent to those imposed on us under the Act in respect of collection and use of personal information by those third parties.
KWARE may disclose your personal information (excluding sensitive information about you) to third parties for the purposes of direct marketing of KWARE’s services. You will be able to opt-out of direct marketing at any time if you so choose.
Under no circumstances will KWARE sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request access to personal information that is held by KWARE about you. Requests for access will be dealt with by KWARE in accordance with the Privacy Act. There are certain exemptions which apply to the provision on that information under the Act.
Applications for access to personal information held by KWARE should be made:
1300 552 202
KWARE Privacy Officer
PO Box 2087
FORRESTDALE WA 6112
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO CONTACT YOU
We will never knowingly send you unsolicited commercial electronic messages. More information on the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) is available from the regulator’s website: www.acma.gov.au/spam.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
KWARE will take all reasonable and practicable steps to ensure that your personal information is properly protected from misuse or loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
KWARE uses a “cookie” system on its digital services. A “cookie” is a small data file placed on your machine or device which lets our digital service store information. This information allows us to make our webpage easier to use and more relevant.
The information stored by the cookie includes data that is provided during online registration processes. Placing cookies on your device also means we can serve you promotional information that you might be more interested in. The promotional information may be provided to third party digital services as well. It also allows us to control the number of times you see that promotional information and measure how effective the campaign has been.
An explanation of cookies can be found at the site of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
PRIVACY COMPLAINTS AND ENQUIRIES
KWARE welcomes feedback about privacy issues and will attend to all questions and complaints promptly.
You can contact KWARE about any privacy issues as follows:
1300 552 202
KWARE Privacy Officer
PO Box 2087
FORRESTDALE WA 6112
If KWARE takes more than 30 days to respond to your privacy complaint, or if you are dissatisfied with the outcome, you can make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. The OAIC can be contacted on 1300 363 992 or at www.oaic.gov.au